B.Com, University of Queensland 1988
LLB, University of Queensland 1990
LLM, Queensland University of Technology 1997
Areas of practice
Banking and Finance (including Managed funds)
Lynette has practised in commercial law for more than 20 years advising clients in property, banking and finance, company structuring and capital raising, and purchases and sales of businesses. Clients Lynette advises operate in the medical and allied health, child care, property, tourism, government and finance sectors.
Lynette leads the team that represents the Australian Education Trust, a listed property trust. The trust acquired some 400 childcare centres throughout Australia and New Zealand which were leased to ABC Learning Centres and have now been transferred to other individual and group operators.
Commercial and property
- Developing agreements to structure property trusts, including conducting due diligence and drawing prospectus documentation
- Contract preparation for sales and purchases of commercial and industrial properties including conducting due diligence, drafting financing documentation and settlement agreements
- Acting for the borrower of a listed property trust, negotiating a $100 million facility from a major Australian bank ensuring conditions permitted the trust to conduct businessover 100 properties without continuous communication with the financier
- Acting for listed property trust in $140 million private debt placement in United States and securitisation of the Australian debt.
- Negotiating and documenting leases of commercial and industrial premises
- Drafting and negotiating management agreements for commercial premises
- Drafting, negotiating and providing advice on management agreements with business operators
- Negotiating alliance agreements with State Governments, charitable bodies, churches and others for the ongoing development of commercial property
- Project management and building arrangements for property development
- Advising managed investment funds, including advising on constitutions and custody agreements
- Conducting privacy audits and drafting privacy policies for several large organisations
- Documenting company restructures on the retirement of directors and shareholders, acquisition of new assets or as a prelude to new equity investments
- Advising on compliance under Australian Consumer Law.
Banking and finance
- Acting for the borrower of a listed property trust, negotiating a $100million facility from a major Australian bank ensuring conditions permitted the trust to conduct business over 100 properties without continuous communication with the financier.
- Acting for listed property trust in $140million private debt placement in the United States of America. Advising on securitisation of the Australian debt.
- Acting for Bank of New Zealand Australia now a division of National Australia Bank, documenting bulk transactions and complex matters for its business customers considering security, credit and business aspects
- Negotiating and documenting multi-million dollar loans with various lenders for bulk acquisitions of property throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Preparing security documents including put and call options, mortgages, debentures (fixed or floating or both), guarantees and indemnities (fixed and unlimited), bills of sale, mortgages of life policy, mortgages of lease, charge over money, charge of shares, rights of entry, priority deeds, deeds of subordination, cross-collateralised loans
- Acting for financiers in share buyouts - ensuring compliance with the Financial Assistance Provisions of the Corporations Law Act 2001 to ensure companies and directors are not in breach.
- Advising on the implementation of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009.
Medical and allied health
- Preparing business sale agreements, share sale agreements, shareholders agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements.
- Advising on compliance with the provisions of State and Federal Government legislation
- Advising on arrangements with Queensland Health
- Advising on group structures and new and exiting partners
- Advising on financing, franchising and licensing issues
- Advising on supply contracts and wholesale arrangements
- Advising on non-compliance issues in relation to the sale of goods and medicines and medical rights
- Advising on industry issues impacting on security documentation including Health Insurance Commission (HIC) and the Australian Community Pharmacy Authority (ACPA).
- Advising on restrictive trade practices issues affecting contract negotiations
- Reviewing advertising brochures and marketing campaigns for trade practices compliance
Professional memberships and appointments
- Board Member/Non-Executive Director, Guide Dogs Queensland
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Property Council of Australia
- Queensland Law Society