BA/LLB (Hons), Queensland University of Technology 1998
Admitted to Supreme Court of Queensland December 2000
Admitted to High Court of Australia October 2001
Jennie has practised commercial law for eight years. Jennie's clients are involved in retail and commercial property, hotel and leisure and, small business operations. Jennie advises clients in negotiating and settling commercial and industrial contracts, leasing arrangements and on intellectual property matters.
Property and leasing
- Negotiating contracts for the acquisition of properties for several unlisted and listed property trusts including Australian Education Trust to acquire and/or establish over 400 childcare centres throughout Australia and New Zealand for lease to ABC Learning Centres and subsequent sale/lease to various groups and individuals.
- Acting on the sale and purchase of commercial and industrial properties advising and negotiating contracts, conducting due diligence and preparing financing documentation.
- Reviewing agreements for lease and leases for landlord clients including negotiating lease terms and reviewing final drafts of the leases prior to execution by landlord clients.
- Preparing deeds of consent to assignment, deeds of renewal of leases and other documents that may be necessary as businesses are sold and options for renewals exercised.
- Acting for buyers and sellers in business acquisitions and sales, including conducting due diligence.
- Appointments and resignations of officeholders.
- Transfers of shares.
- Advising on intellectual property ownership and protection issues.
- Drafting and negotiating licences for the commercialisation of intellectual property including copyright and trademarks.
- Registering trademarks.