Rebecca has worked exclusively in family law since 1997, breaking for a time in 2004 to raise her three young children. She has enjoyed her return to family law since 2012.
Having children of her own assists in Rebecca’s very real understanding of the emotional and practical needs of her clients. She prides herself on her people skills and ability to communicate well in advising and presenting various settlement options, and in engaging in effective and persuasive negotiations on her clients’ behalf.
Date of Admission to Practice
- Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 5 March 1997
- Drafting of urgent Recovery Order applications for the return of children and Relocation Applications.
- Drafting complex Form 11 Applications regarding financial matters.
- Advised on a financial matter where the other party failed to engage in the proceedings.
- Advised on a cross-jurisdictional matter concerning spousal maintenance, child support and property settlement, including the enforceability orders in foreign jurisdictions.
- Advised on complex children’s matters, including allegations of sexual abuse and family violence.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia