Rodney graduated from the University of Notre Dame Australia in December 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and commenced employment with DS Family Law shortly thereafter.
Prior to joining DS Family Law, Rodney worked as a senior contracts specialist on major construction projects in Western Australia, and also spent time working for a commercial law firm.
Rodney maintains an academic interest in employment law, and has been published on the topic of the Fair Work Commission’s anti-bullying jurisdiction.
Date of Admission to Practice
- Admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 18 December 2015
- Admitted to practise in the High Court of Australia on 22 April 2016
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Certificate II – Music Theatre (WAAPA)
- Advised on a property settlement following the breakdown of a long marriage, where both parties had ongoing health concerns. The matter was settled by consent, on favourable terms for our client.
- Successfully applied for urgent Orders permitting a child to travel internationally for holidays with our client, in circumstances where the other parent objected to that travel.
- Assisted Counsel in a property settlement Trial in the Family Court of Western Australia, including preparation for cross-examination, and the preparation of closing submissions. The Orders made by the Judge were favourable to our client.
- Advised on a children’s matter involving parents with a long-history of conflict, and allegations of drug abuse and sexual abuse. The matter was settled without the need to proceed to a Trial.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia