Experienced litigator and corporate advisor to individuals and multinational companies. Particular experience in the Supreme Court of NSW.
“One of the most interesting parts of my job is to be able to tease out the issues with my clients, clarify what is and isn’t important, then trying to find a solution that the client is happy with – it’s always different and challenging.”
“Having a husband do a start up and seeing the business grow and ultimately being sold definitely gives me an inside perspective on running a business. Running a business can be a bit of a rollercoaster, so I understand the need for practical legal advice.”
“I speak to solicitors from all over the world when doing cross border work for clients – which definitely doesn’t help in easing my travel bug.”
Represented plaintiff in an urgent injunction application in the Supreme Court of NSW to prevent the defendant from transferring the plaintiff’s bank funds of nearly $3 million dollars. Injunction was granted ex parte and further proceedings filed by Statement of Claim.
Some of Subhaga's work:
- Represented plaintiff against a multinational company relating to a land contamination dispute in the Supreme Court of NSW. Judgment of over $1.2 million awarded in favour of the Plaintiff with costs awarded.
- Representing various plaintiffs in sexual assault negligence claims against the perpetrator and schools in the Supreme Court of NSW.
- Advising scientific publishing company with offices around the work in their bid for a merger with a competitor and preparing due diligence report.
- Advising a world-leader in military hardwear, design & manufacture in expanding and incorporating their business into the Philippines, Mexico and Brazil.
- Advising and drafting Master Service Agreements for leading US IT company and assisting in establishing the company in Australia.
Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws (University of Technology, Sydney)