Kim heads our community titles team.
Commencing practice in 1977, Kim has focussed on property law with a specialisation in management rights and body corporate matters since the mid 1990’s.
By client demand driven by development on the Sunshine Coast, Kim was forced to recognise and concentrate on strata law from which grew a specialised grasp and passion for the area. With the introduction of the Body Corporate and Community Management Act in 1997 Kim found himself at the forefront of the new legislation pioneering document development.
With Griffiths Parry acting for many of the Sunshine Coast’s best-known developers, Kim was able to combine his passion for strata law with the broad client base of Griffiths Parry and has specialised in strata law ever since.
Kim delivers specialised knowledge for management rights on strata law rarely found in law firms in Queensland. He is well-known throughout the management rights industry and respected as one of Queensland’s leading body corporate and management rights lawyers.
Kim is regularly advises in areas such as:
- buying and selling management rights businesses
- new caretaking/service and letting contracts
- variations to caretaking/service and letting contracts
- topping up terms
- reviewing agreements
- body corporate disputes
- Community Management Statements
- body corporate by-laws
- PAMD Act requirements
- understanding managers duties
- property developments including multi unit constructions
Kim is admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland, Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia holding a practising certificate in Queensland.
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Resident Accommodation Managers’ Association
- Australian College of Community Association Lawyers.