Areas of Practice:
- Professional negligence
- Mercantile law
- Construction law
- Insolvency law
- General commercial litigation
- BA 1999, University of Sydney
- LLB 2002, University of New South Wales (incl exchange to University of British Columbia, Canada)
- Master of Laws 2011, University of Sydney
- New South Wales 2003 (2004 High Court)
Jennifer has been involved in a number of significant cases including:
- Jarratt v Commissioner of Police (2005) 224 CLR 44 – successful application to the High Court to reinstate the finding by the Supreme Court of NSW that the dismissal of a former Deputy Commissioner of Police from office was invalid for breach of the requirements of natural justice.
- A series of successful defamation actions (and settlements) and defences including Dianne Yerbury v Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited & Anor. Supreme Court proceedings no. 20013 of 2008; Siu Sheng Lee & Ors vRussell Keddie & Ors Supreme Court proceedings no. 2007/265163.
- Ace Woollahra Pty Ltd  NSWCA 101 (17 May 2010) – a successful appeal to the NSW Court of Appeal which is a leading case concerning the operation of the statutory warranties in the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW) and on 28 June 2010 caused the NSW Government to introduce the Home Building Amendment (Warranties and Insurance) Act 2010 in order to overcome the effect of the Court’s decision.
- Bitannia Pty Ltd & Ors v Philip James Johnson & Ors  – obtained judgment against various parties (by agreement or interlocutory application) including third party recipients of monies misappropriated from the plaintiffs predominantly by way of cheque or electronic transfer.
- Hopetoun Kembla Investments Pty Ltd v JPR Legal Pty Ltd  – a successful application to set aside a statutory demand including a claim by the plaintiff debtor that part of the monies to which it was entitled a set off were in respect of causes of action held by the plaintiff against the creditor/defendant under the doctrines of knowing receipt and knowing assistance.
- 2012 - current: Senior Associate, Pikes & Verekers Lawyers
- 2003 - 2012: Solicitor, Associate and Senior Associate, Verekers Lawyers