Irena has a broad range of experience spanning 20 years. She has had the privilege of working both in house and as an external lawyer for a diverse client base across the business, private and government sectors. In addition to having spent many years in private practice, Irena was an in house lawyer for the NRMA and Lazard Asset Management.
Her corporate clients have included many of the large insurers, finance companies, property developers, an investment funds manager, building companies, manufacturers, import/exporters, suppliers of various products and services, transport companies and even law firms.
Some of the types of work and matters in which Irena has been involved include:
- The conduct of major copyright litigation on behalf of 6 law firms involving complex computer software and professional indemnity insurance issues;
- High level advice and dispute resolution work in the area of director, shareholder, trustee duties and entitlements including restraint of trade issues;
- The conduct of building disputes and litigation;
- Approximately 8 years experience in insurance law advising QBE, SGIO, Zurich, Suncorp, Allianz and RACV in relation to the resolution and litigation of disputes related to business and general insurance products such as building, home contents, motor vehicle recoveries, professional indemnity, workers compensation, public and product liability and fraudulent claims;
- Specialised investment management compliance work on all domestic and international portfolios involving the review, development and implementation of risk management procedures and user friendly computer coded investment guidelines for financial analysts;
- The management and conduct of debt recovery and enforcement proceedings including insolvency and bankruptcy on behalf of insurance, finance, franchise, import/export, trustee, supplier, retailer, accounting, labour hire and recruitment companies; and
- Prosecutions on behalf of the RTA relating to heavy motor vehicle transport breaches and licence appeals.
Irena’s unique blend of experience is reflected in her ability to provide high level and creative advice with commercially realistic outcomes particularly in the area of commercial dispute resolution.
Irena’s track record of achieving commercially creative outcomes is reflective of her diverse skills and direct working knowledge of the internal and external challenges met by of a cross section of the business community.
Irena supports Special Olympics and is on the Executive Committee for the Upper North Shore Region.
+61 2 8239 6505
Contact Irena on LinkedIn