B.A., J.D., Grad. Dip. Legal Prac.
Geoff has a deep technical knowledge and understanding of the law as it relates to wills, deceased estates, and trusts. Prior to joining Rostron Carlyle in February 2012, he worked as a solicitor with McCullough Robertson Lawyers, specialising in wills and estates. Geoff is committed to assisting his clients by:
- working closely with clients, accountants and financial planners to find effective estate planning solutions which protect and preserve estate and trust assets for the intended beneficiaries while minimizing taxation and stamp duty liabilities;
- assisting executors and trustees in the administration of deceased estates and trusts; and
- • representing executors, trustees and beneficiaries in estate and trust disputes, including family provision applications, solemn form probate proceedings, interpretation of wills and trusts, and breaches of duty by executors and trustees.
Geoff’s clients include high-net worth individuals, executors and trustees, beneficiaries of deceased estates and trusts, accountants, financial advisers, and other lawyers.
Significant project experience
- Estate planning and asset protection strategies for high-net worth clients with complex family circumstances and asset structures.
- Acting for executors, trustees and beneficiaries in the administration of complex deceased estates and trusts.
- Representing executors and beneficiaries in mediations and major Supreme Court proceedings involving large estates.
|Bachelor of Arts||University of Queensland||2003|
|Juris Doctor||University of Queensland||2006|
|Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice||College of Law||2008|
Admissions and Memberships
Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland
Member of the Queensland Law Society
Areas of Practice:TrustsWills and estates
Speciality Areas:Estate planningEstate administrationEstate litigationTrust adviceTrust administrationTrust litigation