Blackston Lawyers is a Brisbane law firm specialising in Energy & Resources, Commercial Property, Construction & Infrastructure, and Dispute Resolution & Litigation.
In order to develop and maintain sound commercial relationships, Blackston Lawyers understands that it needs to deliver an efficient and cost effective service. Blackston Lawyers achieves this efficiency by employing practitioners that have acquired specialised training and industry experience in their areas of practice.
The firm’s partner is Gerard Batt, a key participant in the resources industry and property development.
Energy & Resources
Blackston Lawyers works closely with stakeholders in the coal and unconventional gas industry.
The firm offers a team of professionals that provides clients with pragmatic stand-alone strategic advice on issues as they arise or day to day support in every phase of a project lifecycle, including:
- Preparing applications for exploration permits and other tenures
- Preparing applications for and amendments to mining leases
- Negotiating Landowner compensation for both surface rights and advanced activities
- Negotiating acquisition of Landowner property
- Negotiating Native Title compensation
- Managing environmental regulatory approval process
- Managing the mining regulatory approval process for infrastructure including water and power supply and coal handling plants
- Advising on statutory compliance with health and mine safety legislation
Due to the position the firm occupies in a number of significant mining operations throughout Queensland, it has developed strong connections with other well respected industry experts, professionals and services providers.
We offer a highly experienced and committed property team who are passionate about the growth and development of the property industry in Queensland. Our depth of knowledge and understanding of the property industry and the legal framework that it operates in makes us an invaluable partner for clients in all property related matters.
Our services include:
- Retail, industrial and commercial leasing
- Property development
- Property transactions
- Planning and environment
- Access and tenure issues
Our experienced commercial team has worked with clients across a diverse range of commercial matters.
The team works closely with clients to understand their business and the industries they operate in. The team is focused on providing practical commercial advice that is tailored to the client's needs, enabling them to achieve their strategic objectives.
Our services include:
- Contract drafting, review and advice
- Restraint of trade
- Intellectual Property
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Partnership advice
- Business structure advice
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
The Litigation and Dispute Resolution team of Blackston Lawyers has the capability to readily meet our client’s needs quickly and effectively.
Our objective is to help clients avoid disputes and litigation where possible, however remain prepared for those disputes that are unavoidable in the commercial sector. The forms of resolution we employ depend on the nature of the dispute and can include mediation and alternative forms of dispute resolution. We also aim to deliver commercially pragmatic strategies on time and in a format that is easy to understand.
We work with clients from the construction and development industry, the manufacturing industry, the mining and resources industry, the commercial property / leasing industry and various professional services firms.
We are renown for developing commercially driven solutions to resolve complex commercial disputes.
- Administrative Law
- Consumer Protection
- Corporate and Commercial Disputes
- Environment and Planning Litigation
- General Contractual Disputes
Construction & Infrastructure
By understanding our clients' financial, commercial and political objectives and requirements, Blackston Lawyers delivers practical, timely and cost effective advice and solutions. Blackston Lawyers represent a range of construction and infrastructure industry participants including construction companies, developers, governments (including GOCs and statutory authorities), mining companies, and specialist contractors, subcontractors and consultants.
Blackston Lawyers offers a comprehensive construction and infrastructure service including:
- strategic project planning and structuring
- procurement advice
- tender preparation and review
- contract drafting and review
- contract negotiation
- contract administration
- risk management and minimisation
- workplace health and safety advice and support
- insurance advice, claim preparation and dispute resolution
- security of payment advice, claim preparation and dispute resolution
- litigation, adjudication, arbitration and dispute resolution
- commercial negotiation
Blackston Lawyers’ specialist industry knowledge and commitment to our clients' businesses allow us to provide tailored advice and practical solutions.
- Banking & Finance
- Building & Construction law
- Building a Home
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Buying a Home
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition & Trade Regulation
- Contract Drafting & Disputes
- Corporations Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Environmental & Planning Law
- Renting & Leasing Property
- Selling a Home
- Trade & Customs