ASIC welcomes consultation on changes to fees-for-service

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has welcomed the release by Treasury of a consultation paper proposing changes to fees-for-service.

While around 90% of ASIC's regulatory activities will be now be recovered as part of the Government's industry funding arrangements, the remaining 10% will be recovered via fees-for-service.

Fees-for-service recover the regulatory costs attributable to a single, identifiable entity.

They apply to:

  • licencing and professional registration services
  • processing of relief applications, and
  • ASIC's formal compliance review of documents lodged by entities under the Corporations Act 2001.
"The current fees for these activities do not reflect their actual cost and the Government is seeking input from industry on changes to address this," ASIC Commissioner John Price said.
Findlaw

We welcome your feedback

Hi there! We want to make this site as good as it can for you, the user. Please tell us what you would like to do differently and we will do our best to accommodate!

   
Protected by FormShield


 
 
 
We've updated our Privacy Statement, before you continue. please read our new Privacy Statement and familiarise yourself with the terms.
Feedback