Marriage, Children and Relationships

Marriage, Children and RelationshipsMany people who are involved in relationships may at some time need the advice and help of a family lawyer. This site provides useful information and resources on common family issues for parents, spouses, children, unmarried couples and same-sex partnerships. It also provides tips for families about a range of services that can assist in the management of family relationships

Find a Lawyer

Find a Lawyer


Learn about Marriage, Children and Relationships

Get Started

Related Articles

1-3 of 345 results

Section 90B Agreements - Personalised Financial Agreements for Couples Contemplating Marriage

Filed under: Family Law, Financial Arrangements

Under the umbrella of family law are the rules concerning relationships including de facto and married couples. When a relationship is initiated between...

What happens if one parent is in contravention of a parenting order?

Filed under: Family Law, Parenting, Children's Court/Care and Protection

Parties who are bound by a parenting order must take reasonable steps to comply with the order. However with that being said, how does the law ensure that...

Is separation still possible if a couple still lives in the same residence?

Filed under: Separation, Family Law

When parties to a marriage have separated, but are still living together in the same residence: does the law require that a former couple prove an irretrievable...


What evidence is needed to prove separation under one roof?

Date: 01 Oct 2017, Filed under: Separation

In order to prove separation under one roof, some of the evidence that can be used may include: moving into separate bedrooms and informing another...

What conditions must be met for spousal maintenance?

Date: 01 Oct 2017, Filed under: Divorce

In order for one spouse to be maintained by the other, there are two general conditions that should be met. First, one spouse must be “unable to...

What makes an overseas marriage valid?

Date: 01 Oct 2017, Filed under: Marriage and Civil Partnerships, Family Law

In order for a marriage solemnised overseas to be valid in Australia, the marriage must conform to the legal requirements of the country in which the marriage...

Ask FindLaw Australia

Submit your question for posting on this site.

Email your question!

Related News

1-3 of 199 results

Parents' loss acknowledged through recognition certificates

Date: 20 Jan 2015, Filed under: Children, Family Law

New South Wales Attorney-General, Brad Hazzard, has announced that the State Government has moved to ensure families can have the tragedy of early pregnancy...

New approach to domestic violence assistance

Date: 17 Feb 2014, Filed under: AVO/Domestic Violence

New South Wales Minister for Women, Pru Goward, has announced the launch of the NSW Government's It Stops Here Domestic and Family Violence Framework....

Calls for greater cooperation to tackle child sexual abuse in Aboriginal communities

Date: 01 Feb 2013, Filed under: Sexual Offences, Children, Victim Support

Federal Social Justice Commissioner Mick Gooda along with the Australian Human Rights Commission welcomed the NSW Ombudsman's report on child sexual abuse...


We welcome your feedback

Hi there! We want to make this site as good as it can for you, the user. Please tell us what you would like to do differently and we will do our best to accommodate!

Protected by FormShield

We've updated our Privacy Statement, before you continue. please read our new Privacy Statement and familiarise yourself with the terms.